Seeking a positive and conscientious Business Development and Sales Representative/Manager to sell and assist in the commercialisation in patented products in the construction and mining sectors. This will be achieved through diligent and disciplined compliance to the regional sales strategy, Key Account management strategy and supported by the international marketing strategy.
Key Responsibilities / Key Accountability
The Business Development and Sales Representative/Manager will be responsible for:
- Meeting sales quotas on a quarterly and annual basis by executing the prescribed sales and marketing business development strategy.
- New Customer Acquisition (NCA) – Identify enterprise accounts to be targeted by working with the Managing Director to execute a focused NCA sales strategy towards revenue.
- Key Accounts – Manage the allocated Key customer accounts to ensure that all up-sell and cross-sell opportunities are being executed towards revenue.
- Manage partner opportunities from inception to completion in line with the either the NCA or Enterprise key accounts strategy.
- Support Business Partners in executing sales and marketing activities related to revenue generating activities.
- Setup site visits to meet with existing and potential customers in line with the sales strategy and ensure that leads are converted into commercial terms by adhering to the sales methodology and applying product/process knowledge to meet customer needs.
- Ensure that a full cost-benefit and needs analysis of the technology is comprehensively completed and professionally presented through the use of available toolsets.
- Ensure that all proposals are discussed in detail with the key decision makers within the prospects organization and eliminate existing or outstanding sales issues by proactively and effectively troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Manage the administration of each qualified sales opportunity by means of due diligence.
- Establish effective relationships with sales support to monitor, manage and report on the sales life cycles until completed.
- Ensure that forecasts are accurate on a monthly and quarterly basis with daily revisions to key information.
- Optimized time management to ensure the achievement of weekly goals.
- Contribute to team development and effectiveness by active participation in internal meetings and proactively sharing information with colleagues.
- Willing representation at events, road shows, trade fares, end user events, partner events and sales calls etc.
- Support and promote through active participation on social media – LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc.
- Complete all required/mandatory training.
- Ensure all supporting systems and required information is kept up to date.
- At all times represent the organisation with the upmost integrity and uphold the brand to the best of your ability.
- Proactively upward manage risks and concerns to the Managing Director.
Qualifications, Competencies and Experience Required
The successful incumbent must have:
- Strong links with the construction and/or mining sectors.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in sales of construction, building and/or mining products (non-negotiable).
- Exceptional computer literacy.
- Proficient in presenting on technical matters.
- Proven track record of meeting revenue objectives.
- Team player as well as an independent worker, committed and hands-on.
- Analytical ability with an eye for details and accuracy.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Exciting and challenging place of employment, with our cutting-edge technology attracting interest internationally and our scientists sitting on numerous industry technical committees.
Salary & Commission to be discussed during interview process.