The position is based at the head office and reports to the Head of Legal.
The requirements for suitable candidates are:
- LLB or other recognised South African law degree. An LLM/Higher Diploma would be an advantage.
- Admitted South African attorney or advocate.
- 8-10 years post qualifying experience (some experience as a legal advisor in a corporate environment would be an advantage)
- Substantial experience as a commercial attorney, consultant or similar capacity in a commercial environment.
- Candidate must be able to review, draft and negotiate various types of contracts (including supply agreements, distribution agreements, license agreements etc)
- Good knowledge of competition law
- Additional experience in a relevant field of law would be advantageous
- Good understanding of business transactions and how a business / company works
- Familiar with latest legislation, including National Credit Act, Companies Act, Consumer Protection Act and other acts affecting the business.
- Self motivated, well organized and able to work independently
- Ability to meet deadlines and provide relevant advice on day–to–day legal matters in a variety of fields and to a variety of clients
- Ability to resolve problems quickly and efficiently, take decisions and take charge / manage matters.
- Excellent communication skills
- Competitive cost to company package